- Education starts at the initial consultation with our engaging handbook, 5 Keys to Communication Success. This guide is fun, captivating and useful - patients actually want to read it!
- Action implements 5 Keys strategies with Successful Communication Plan worksheets. These activities encourage patients to apply what they learned in the handbook to their own challenging situations. The worksheets are found in the handbook and can also be downloaded free of charge HERE.
- Follow-Up uses weekly emails to actively engage patients in the aural rehabilitation process, reinforce new communication skills and ensure your practice remains in the spotlight. Clinics who use the handbooks with their patients may enroll their patients to receive the eTips at no additional charge. Click HERE to see an example of Henry's Successful Communication eTips.
- Every new hearing aid fitting
- Patients who are not yet candidates for hearing aids but are reporting difficulties
- Patients who are candidates for hearing aids but are not yet ready to purchase
- Friends and family members of your patients
- Gifts for referrals, drawings, events, etc.
- A powerful and unique physician marketing tool
- 100 books...$8.95 each...$895.00
- 300 books...$7.95 each...$2,385.00
- 500 books...$6.95 each...$3,475.00
- 1000+ books...$5.95 each...$5,950.00
Thanks again for sending me a copy of your book. I really enjoyed reading it and found it very helpful. I particularly liked how you laid out expectations for both the listener and the speaker. As you say — it takes two to tango when it comes to good communication. I thought your framework was clear and could be applied to almost any listening situation to help people with hearing loss and their families proactively work through possible solutions to improve communication. Congratulations on your excellent book and thank you for all that you are doing to help people with hearing loss. Shari Eberts, Founder LivingWithHearingLoss.com
Our patients really enjoy the 5 Keys book and the classes we created around them. They also appreciate the opportunity to get the eTips. We are big fans of the programs and have really embraced it in our office. It makes our patients feel special to have that extra bit of attention. I highly recommend it. Dr. Clark Pacific Hearing Service
Excellent book for how to hear best with hearing aids!
I just had to share with you that I have two patients both evaluated for CI but not quite making the cut yet who I had read your book about 6 months ago and while I have seen them both a few times since they read the book, today they both rattled off all the great communication repair strategies and skills they have been using and their expectations were so realistic! It made my eyes well up. I was so proud of both of them for taking ownership of their communication and that finally everything I have been harping on them for years sunk in with your book. THANK YOU so much for creating what I would call an audiology masterpiece.
I've had hearing loss for a long time. My audiologist gave me your book and all I can say is that it is so pragmatic and helpful, that I have started on practicing the things listed. I am looking forward to much better results. I am so excited about the information contained in the book and how much it will help. I have been wondering where this info has been. Anyway, I am extremely grateful that you wrote it and distributed it. It will be a life changer.
We are loving this program! We are thrilled with how well our patients are responding and even happier at how easy you've made it for us to help them! Chrissy Lemley, Au.D. Allegany Hearing and Balance LaVale, Maryland
My name is Kathleen and I am an audiologist working in Perth, Australia. I bought a copy of your book through Oaktree Products. Your book is fantastic! I think every audiologist should have a copy in their practice...Thank you for a wonderful resource! Kathleen Stoop The Art of Hearing Perth, Australia
At last, a book that truly tells it like it is. Too often consumer books and self-help books written by professionals extol the virtues of modern technology while minimizing the adverse effects of human behavior. While it is true that modern technology has progressed significantly, good communication requires more than simply placing hearing aids on your ears. In this easy to read guide to better communication, Dr. Jessen places responsibility right where it belongs; on both the listener and those who communicate with the listener, without assigning blame or “sugar-coating” the situation. She carefully contrasts hearing loss from communication breakdowns and offers constructive, realistic solutions discussed in an environment specific format. If the reader combines new technology with the words of experienced wisdom contained in this book, optimizing communication despite having a hearing loss can actually be achieved.
The information in this book reinforces communication tools that we, as audiologists, strive to provide our patients throughout the entire evaluation and rehabilitative process. I am excited to provide this book to my patients and their family members. It will help facilitate awareness, knowledge, and realistic expectations about hearing loss for all parties involved, which will then lead to a more effective communication process. Thank you for your amazing contribution to our profession.
As an ENT doctor, I feel Dr. Dusty Jessen’s book is a wonderful addition to the world of listening, hearing and communicating. Dr. Jessen’s book will help people to maximize these skills as they enter the world of hearing aids. I also love the clever little dog and bright colors. It was an easy and informative read.
I am a 67 year old male, and have had hearing loss for over 60 years. Had this book been available, it would have saved my wife and I 34 years of unanswered questions and frustrations. “The Five Keys To Communication Success” is an imperative read for anyone considering hearing aids and those who are early in their hearing aid experience.
My husband and I have been married for 34 years, and he has had hearing loss since he was a child. This book taught me things that I never knew. It is equally important for the spouse to understand the “Five Keys To Communication Success” to help ensure a better quality of life for both partners. I highly recommend this book.