- Education starts at the initial consultation with our engaging handbook, 5 Keys to Communication Success. This guide is fun, captivating and useful - patients actually want to read it!
- Action implements 5 Keys strategies with Successful Communication Plan worksheets. These activities encourage patients to apply what they learned in the handbook to their own challenging situations. The worksheets are found in the handbook and can also be downloaded free of charge HERE.
- Follow-Up uses weekly emails to actively engage patients in the aural rehabilitation process, reinforce new communication skills and ensure your practice remains in the spotlight. Clinics who use the handbooks with their patients may enroll their patients to receive the eTips at no additional charge. Click HERE to see an example of Henry's Successful Communication eTips.
- Every new hearing aid fitting
- Patients who are not yet candidates for hearing aids but are reporting difficulties
- Patients who are candidates for hearing aids but are not yet ready to purchase
- Friends and family members of your patients
- Gifts for referrals, drawings, events, etc.
- A powerful and unique physician marketing tool
- 100 books...$8.95 each...$895.00
- 300 books...$7.95 each...$2,385.00
- 500 books...$6.95 each...$3,475.00
- 100+ books...$5.95 each...$5,950.oo
We are loving this program! We are thrilled with how well our patients are responding and even happier at how easy you've made it for us to help them! Chrissy Lemley, Au.D. Allegany Hearing and Balance LaVale, Maryland
My name is Kathleen and I am an audiologist working in Perth, Australia. I bought a copy of your book through Oaktree Products. Your book is fantastic! I think every audiologist should have a copy in their practice...Thank you for a wonderful resource! Kathleen Stoop The Art of Hearing Perth, Australia
At last, a book that truly tells it like it is. Too often consumer books and self-help books written by professionals extol the virtues of modern technology while minimizing the adverse effects of human behavior. While it is true that modern technology has progressed significantly, good communication requires more than simply placing hearing aids on your ears. In this easy to read guide to better communication, Dr. Jessen places responsibility right where it belongs; on both the listener and those who communicate with the listener, without assigning blame or “sugar-coating” the situation. She carefully contrasts hearing loss from communication breakdowns and offers constructive, realistic solutions discussed in an environment specific format. If the reader combines new technology with the words of experienced wisdom contained in this book, optimizing communication despite having a hearing loss can actually be achieved.
The information in this book reinforces communication tools that we, as audiologists, strive to provide our patients throughout the entire evaluation and rehabilitative process. I am excited to provide this book to my patients and their family members. It will help facilitate awareness, knowledge, and realistic expectations about hearing loss for all parties involved, which will then lead to a more effective communication process. Thank you for your amazing contribution to our profession.
As an ENT doctor, I feel Dr. Dusty Jessen’s book is a wonderful addition to the world of listening, hearing and communicating. Dr. Jessen’s book will help people to maximize these skills as they enter the world of hearing aids. I also love the clever little dog and bright colors. It was an easy and informative read.
I am a 67 year old male, and have had hearing loss for over 60 years. Had this book been available, it would have saved my wife and I 34 years of unanswered questions and frustrations. “The Five Keys To Communication Success” is an imperative read for anyone considering hearing aids and those who are early in their hearing aid experience.
My husband and I have been married for 34 years, and he has had hearing loss since he was a child. This book taught me things that I never knew. It is equally important for the spouse to understand the “Five Keys To Communication Success” to help ensure a better quality of life for both partners. I highly recommend this book.