Dusty Jessen, Au.D.
Owner / Creator
Dr. Jessen is the 5 Keys Communication creator and leader of our team. She has been practicing audiology since 2001. She was drawn to the field of communication disorders after experiencing first-hand the stress and frustration that accompanies hearing loss. She established Cut to the Chase Communication, LLC in 2013 in order to educate and empower people affected by hearing loss. Dr. Jessen’s accomplishments include:
- Creator of the 5 Keys to Communication Success program. This includes a critically acclaimed book, online program, and live events to help individuals with hearing loss improve their communication skills and overall quality of life.
- Owner and director of audiology at Columbine Hearing Care in Littleton, Colorado .
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Disorders, University of Northern Colorado.
- Master’s degree in Audiology, Arizona State University.
- Doctorate in Audiology, Arizona School of Health Sciences.
- Member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA), Academy of Rehabilitative Audiology and the Hearing Loss Association of America.
- Past president of the Colorado Academy of Audiology.
- Frequent speaking and coaching engagements.
Outside of the audiology field, Dr. Jessen enjoys outdoor adventures with her friends, husband, and teenage sons, reading personal development books, drinking craft beer from local Colorado breweries, and fostering homeless dogs. Click the button below to contact Dr. Jessen with questions, suggestions, or to request her for a speaking/coaching engagement.
Creative & Social Media Consultant / Online Training Program Director
Kendi Barrett has been with 5 Keys Communication since 2016, running our social media, designing graphics, and assisting with our online offerings. She is now excited to manage our 5 Keys Online Communication Training Program Team. With over fifteen years of extensive experience in her field, her focus and passion is helping small businesses thrive through graphic design, social media content development, project management, and administrative assistance.
In her spare time, she enjoys all things creative such as; photography, event planning, interior design, and perfecting recipes in her kitchen. Family is her greatest joy; as a wife and mother of two amazing young children. If you are in need of a detail-oriented, highly organized, and creative individual to assist and benefit your business, contact Kendi for more information on consulting opportunities. firstname.lastname@example.org